29905560

I am a carer of a child with severe learning disability, i

Customer Question

I am a carer of a child with severe learning disability, i asked my head of dept; to reduce my hours to 18 hours per week , and to work these hours on a sat and sun ( I work for a Belfast hospital, she granted me the hours but wrote it may not be possible to have the days on a sat and sun and it may run into 3days. That my ward sister would do her best to accomodate me, I was assured by my ward sister that I wasn't to worry it would'nt be a problem, with her reassurance I didn't appeal the decision within the 14days stated in law. Everything was going well until I now have a new ward sister who has completely ruined everything! She has me working to many hours one week not enough the following week, off weekends and working 3days mid week! When I examine the off duty to see what she's playing at , it shows that she is granting staff requests , I don't know what to do now and I'm now so stressed! Do I go back to the head of dept, do I go to occupational health or my union which I really don't want to resort to getting the union involved please help

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Please note as I am just going offline I won't be able to respond until the morning, thanks

JACUSTOMER-ofy2cbcv- : 27years
JACUSTOMER-ofy2cbcv- : I hope this site is genuine strange it's taking card details advertising get an answer now and then the person who your waiting for an answer from goes off line!!!!!
Ben Jones :

Hi, thanks for your patience. You usually get an answer very soon after posting your query but we are practising solicitors and 'normal' people and at 1am in the working week it is highly unlikely that you will get an immediate answer.

Can you please let me know what was the reason behind the changes in hours that you initially requested?