75100385

Hello, I have just bought a pre-registred Citroen, at an officlal

I have just bought a pre-registred Citroen, at an officlal citroen dealer.
The car has been described to me as a VTR+ (and registered as such), and therefore should have included a list of standard options, as described in the offical documentation.
I realized after I bought the car that some of the options were not installed on the car.
I went back to the dealer, and the manager explained me that the options were only installed on new cars, and as it is a pre-registered car it was considered as a second hand car even if it had only 1 mile.
Do they have the right to do that ? I really feel I have been fooled.
Nicolas Tondeur

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How many owners is showing in the log book please?
Customer:

I am the second owner

Alex Watts :

I see Nicolas - did you know you would be the second owner in that it was pre-registered?

Customer:

yes. I knew I was second owner and that it was pre-registered.

Alex Watts :

Did you inspect the car before you purchased it, to see it was a lower specification please?

Customer:

It has been presented to me as a VTR+, I didn't check that all options standard on a VTR+ were effectively included

Alex Watts :

So you did not compare the spec online to what you had before you purchased it?

Customer:

not all of them

Alex Watts :

Ok - its bad news then I am afraid. If you had an opportunity to inspect it and it is the model, albeit different you are not able to exchange or seek a refund.

Alex Watts :

This is because a pre-registered car, a second hand car - you have far less rights than a new one

Alex Watts :

Your rights are lesser having a second hand car.

Alex Watts :

I know this is not the answer you want Nicolas and certainly not the answer I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

I would however report this to Trading Standards as it is possible there is a Trading Regulation breached in terms of selling or the description given

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I must say I was expecting this answer

Alex Watts :

I am sorry, I wish it could be better

Alex Watts :

But sadly I can only tell you what the law is

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you at all?

Customer:

one last question, where can I reach trading standards ?

Alex Watts :

Your local Council or:

Alex Watts :

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes thanks.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

thanks

Alex Watts :

All the best