75100385

the ombudsman has replied with NO. are natwest duty bound

the ombudsman has replied with NO.
are natwest duty bound by law to reimburse my sons 1000 euros?
not giving in,where do i go next?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk (normally only for UK claims) or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

Thanks,do I write to nat west fraud, who we have been dealing with, or Tom's local branch?

Alex Watts :

Nat West Head Office.

Customer:

In a case like this do Natwest normally settle out of court or fight the case?

Alex Watts :

I can't say they may take a commercial view it would cost them more to fight it.

Customer:

Ok will write to them. As you know Tom's friend has got an identical claim in the same bar on the same night - both with Natwest - should they fight together or go it alone?

Alex Watts :

Go it alone really.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes thank you - will be writing tomorrow!

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/