12826847

Hi there hope you are well? Just a quick question as me and

Customer Question

Hi there hope you are well? Just a quick question as me and my partner are wanting to know what hes looking at hes got 3 driving offences at the minuite 1. Driving motor vehicle with alcohol level above limit. 2. Using a motor vehicle on a road without 3rd party insurance. 3. Drive a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence

He was driving his friends car on a provisional and the car didnt have insurance for 2 months?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Just to clarify, he has 3 previous convictions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He got the 3 convictions in the same night (2 nights ago)

What was his reading please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He blew 60

The drink driving charge is the most serious. 60 in breath is not the highest reading that the court will have seen. It falls just into the second sentencing bracket where he will get a fine of up to £1000 and a ban of between 17-22 months.

If he does the drink driving course then he will shave off one quarter from his ban period.

Probably for no licence and no insurance there would be no separate penalty in practice. Normally the no licence attracts 3 points and the no insurance attracts 6 although they are not consecutive so the total is 6 points on a person's licence but obviously since he is going to be banned that would be pointless here.

He should not drive to court. Even if he pleads not guilty and its adjourned for a trial he will be placed on an interim ban and so be unable to drive back. You would not believe the problems he will save himself if he gets a bus to court.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.