29905560

I have just started a new job, I had 1 telephone interview

I have just started a new job, I had 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face at all of these I produced or answered questions about my driving license which has 9 points? 3 of these are for using a mobile phone CU80 which expires 01/10/14. After 3 months it seems to be a problem as the company policy is that no one can drive above 6 points, my point is - is it a 3 year endorsement and stay on license for 4 or a 4 year endorsement? At all times they checked with someone to see if it was a problem and the answer was no.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you asking how long endorsements stay on your licence for?

Customer:

No I am aware of how long they stay on I need to know is it a 3 or 4 year endorsement ie if I get a speed fine which carries 3 points would the total be 12 or 9 as the cu80 is above 3 years old

Ben Jones :

ok so the CU80 is over 3 years old but you know that it remains as an endorsement for 4 years, not 3?

Customer:

so it is a 4 year endorsement?

Ben Jones :

yes the CU80 is a 4-year endorsement - in fact the minimum for all endorsements is 4 years, and the more dangerous ones are for 11 years.

Ben Jones :

So there are no endorsements that only last 3 years

Customer:

thats me looking for another job then, many thanks

Ben Jones :

You are welcome and sorry if it was bad news

Customer:

no such thing as bad news! just news that is fact glad you helped

Ben Jones :

No problem, all the best