75100385

Hi there I changed my name back to my maiden name in May

Customer Question

Hi there

I changed my name back to my maiden name in May 2013. My house is about to be repossessed and is still in my married name. I am currently in the process of changing my name with everyone, lenders, schools etc... I have informed the lenders involved in the repossession today and will follow this up with a letter and copy of change of name deed. The hearing for the repossession is Feb 18 2014. I am concerned that the fact i have not informed them until now will look fraudulent. Can you please advise of any implications.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

There are no implications.

Alex Watts :

If you have waited then this is personal choice and a matter for you.

Alex Watts :

They will just change their paperwork once they have evidence and then everything will carry on as normal.

Alex Watts :

It will only be fraudulent if you attempt to avoid your responsibilities or you try and do this to hide your debt

Alex Watts :

But name changes are quite common so you do not need to worry

Alex Watts :

Customer :

I have not paid my mortgage but have not hidden from it

Alex Watts :

Yes I understand, but this is no cause for concern.

Customer :

Thank you for your help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/