75100385

My father is in a residential home and had been given over

Customer Question

My father is in a residential home and had been given over three days double dosage of an opiate and consequently had to be admitted to hospital. Is this negligence and can we proceed to sue.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

In order to be negligence there has to be: a duty of care, that duty was broken, someone suffered as a result

Alex Watts :

It would appear that this was the case here.

Alex Watts :

You would need to see a Solicitor as a medical expert would be required to give a second opinion

Alex Watts :

You would then need to start and issue proceedings where appropriate.

Alex Watts :

Sadly though you could not get legal aid as rules have changed.

Alex Watts :

But that is how you can proceed - see a Solicitor to get a second opinion

Alex Watts :