12826847

I move to a new address temprery in same city not so far with

Customer Question

I move to a new address temprery in same city not so far with in 5mile.Now I buying a car.Adress on my licence is previous.Can I keep my address &get insourence on my previous address.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Why do you not want to change your address please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am here on new address for up to next six month then I will back on my previous address

Can I presume the vehicle is being kept at your address over the age of 16?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So I can not keep the car on my new address.is it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this against the law.or for security

I'm really sorry. I think my ipad pre emptive text changed entirely the meaning of my question above.

What I meant to ask is can I presume that this vehicle is kept at your old address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes plz .

The short answer is that you cannot I'm afraid.

There is an offence in failing to tell the DVLA where the vehicle is kept although the chances are that they would not prosecute it.

The real risk is that if your insurance company find out that the vehicle is regularly kept away from the declared address then that will invalidate your insurance unfortunately. At the very least they could charge an increased price and if your vehicle is stolen outside this property then they would probably use that as an excuse to refuse the claim.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/