75100385

I am looking for a solicitor that specialises in online profile

Customer Question

I am looking for a solicitor that specialises in online profile management. We have came into some financial difficulty and now the client wants a refund and has took to online to slander us as a scam...

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If you could outline the problem and I will see if I can help you today please?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

Hi Alex. Basically we are an online training company and have came into some financial difficulties but have found it harder to trade as a client has posted scam reports about us online. We are more than willing to pay back in instalments but client will not remove the posts.

Alex Watts :

Will they remove if you pay it back?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

Yes. They said they would. But whether they do or not is a different thing.

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

We are not a scam in which is putting our reputation and business into even more difficulties.

Alex Watts :

Have you got this in writing? Have they signed anything to confirm they will?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

I have it in an email I think. However. The client was instalments in large figure that can not be done. If they are willing to accept a low figure and sign something to bind us and remove post after first instalment.

Alex Watts :

How much are we talking?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

£2000

Alex Watts :

Can you agree with them a payment plan?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

They send me one. £666 for 4 months. If they took down post and I paid them say £250 a month to start with. I should be able to pay all off within 3 months attracting new business

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

sent**

Alex Watts :

What you need is a signed written agreement between you and the person

Alex Watts :

Then if they breach it you could sue for breach of contract and indeed get an injunction making them remove it

Alex Watts :

So get it in writing - that is the key

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

Is there nothing else that can be done to remove it as it is slander.

Alex Watts :

Is it true what they have said?

JACUSTOMER-uai2mt5r- :

Well, we are not a scam that is 100%

Alex Watts :

If its not true you can take it to Court, you are looking at £10,000 at least for proceedings as they are very specialist in nature

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/