LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hi , I have been arrested for Historical Sexual against

Customer Question

Hi ,

I have been arrested for Historical Sexual against a minor in 2004 not really sure about the time and date (Made by my adopted daughter). Which are completely untrue. I went through a bitter divorce in 2008 and I was wanting contact with my adopted daughters and went through Via CAFCASS.

The children were happy to see me and they made that clear and I have several CAFCASS report the last one done in 2012 the CAFCASS report also states the following:-
(1) The Children can recall the positivity and Negativity of their past with clarity and insight.
(2) The children are mature for their age.
(3) The children also wanted overnight stays with me.
and now I have been arrested for Rape. The last time I had contact with the child who allegedly state that I raped her was in July 2013 via Facebook.
(4) When we went through the divorce the children were assigned to a councillor and NSPCC as well and nothing was said.

I have told the police everything offered them the report my phone and computer.

In historical sexual abuse cases what kind of information will they look at? Will they look at current phone records? Text messages? Or will it be just my word against my step daughter?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Am I right in thinking you are on police bail with a return date to the police station at some stage in the future. Or have you been charged and have a court date coming up?

LondonlawyerJ :

Can I just clarify, the allegation relates to a single instance of rape in 2004. The allegation is made by your stepdaughter who you last had contact with via facebook in July 2013? The police will look at all the relevant information. The case will be investigated by a specialist team. The primary evidence will be the account of the girl who makes the allegation. The other children will also be spoken to, and possibly other childrenwho you may have had contact with. If you have been in contact with the girl until last year then the police might be interested in the recent phone records etc. They also routinely take computers and digital devices that suspects have access to so that they can search them for relevant pornography or other evidence(eg of grooming).

I hope you had legal advice in the police station. If not then get a lawyer next time. Just because you are innocent does not mean you do not need a solicitor. Legal advice in the police station is free and independent. Duty solicitors are usually experienced local practitioners who are in private practice and have achieved a degree of experience and competence necessary to become a duty solicitor.

I hope this has answered your question but please feel free to ask further questions. I would also be grateful if you would please rate my service to you. This will not close the question and I will continue to answer.

JACUSTOMER-bwydmted- :

Hi Jo,

JACUSTOMER-bwydmted- :

So what you are stating is if I can try and recall the events as at 2004 and see who the neighbours were etc and

JACUSTOMER-bwydmted- :

what the child did at that would be helpful yes

JACUSTOMER-bwydmted- :

so for example the child went to school till 3.30pm

JACUSTOMER-bwydmted- :

then the mosque from 5 to 8

LondonlawyerJ :

You should try and recall events as best you can but I would not suggest contacting anyone as that could be misinterpreted by the police as an attempt to interfere with their investigation with potentially very serious consequences. Far and away the most useful thing you can do is either get a solicitor or talk to the one you have. Almost any criminal defence solicitor would be happy to talk to you -probably free of charge-. They will be able to talk to you privately about this in some depth and will have local knowledge (eg of the police in your area etc) that I do not have. If there is anything useful you can do at this stage they will be able to tell you.

LondonlawyerJ :

You clearly face an allegation of serous crime which if proved will lead to you being imprisoned for a long time. You need a lawyer you can see to face to face to help you with this.