13262538

Please can you advise me? I met a lady 2 years ago on a dating

Please can you advise me?
I met a lady 2 years ago on a dating website. She did advise me she was a stripper and she also had a 8 year old son and two horses and lived in a council flat in welling. I agreed to meet and we got on very well. When we decided to take things further my partner decided to stop working as a stripper. Christmas 2011 my partner and son moved in. Over the past two years we have been happy, we also have had our ups and down. but for most we have been very happy. I proposed to her Christmas 2012 and we agreed to start a family. By the was over the 2 years my partner didn't contribute to any of the bills, holidays, cars, outings etc i paid for every even clothed then and paid dets for her. She did pay for 60% of the food. We had a lovely Christmas last year and went away for a holiday in Devon. My partner started to get quite snappy and moody, and she told me she was late. How exciting i thought. The day i returned to work, on my way home i poped in to a chemist and brought a pregnancy test. that evening we did the test and to my surprise it was positive. The look of horror on my partners face, told it all. On the Tuesday not knowing what to do i thought it would be better to go to work. I called home mid morning to hear that my partner has decided to abort the baby. i was distort and this is what we wanted. Cut a long story short for the week was probably the worst time in my life. Everything was and is about her. i feel this was all a lie and feel that all she wanted was for me to look after then. Three weeks ago i said if you do not consider me in any of this then we are over. I didn't kick her out and said she can stay until she had sorted things out. The evening her son was collected by his father. About 9pm my partner answered the from door to her father, and left. Taking the family car. As i was so hert over the weekend i spent it with my family. To come home to a very empty house she had cleared out and taken everything. She had also taken the logbook to the car. Stole £1200 from my account. She had the abortion. it has been so broken. I have requested my car back and she is saying it is hers. But it is not i paid for it and insured, tax ect. She is now threatening to take me to court for the house and car. But nothing is in her name she did not work, i paid for everything. Please can you advise me?
Rupert
She is know threatening to take me to court.
How did she remove the money from your account?
Who used the car usually and how much is it worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We had a joint account that she when got a job would put money in it but she never did. I can prov that. So i started to you the account as the bill account. So she had assess to it. i know this if my fault. And re the money i am not worried.

The car was brought as a family car. i have a smart car for work and therefore we needed a larger car. My partner used it during the week and i used it at the weekends. The car is worth £10K witch i have on finance for 4 years and i am only 6 months in.

And the Car and finance are registered in your name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes everything

When did she move out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4 Week ago

Just to check - have you asked the police for help?
They will probably refuse but I did wonder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes have advise me to give her a date of when i would require the car back. which i have. if no progress then the police will tack it on. I don't want to go down that road though. so finger x

Please do not worry - she has no claim on your property and since she has already be out of the house for four weeks she cannot even argue that she needs to return there while she finds suitable alternative accommodation.
You should follow the advice given by the police - unless she can show that you gave it to her as a gift
I hope that this is of assisatnce - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.