12826847

can a traffic warden park on double yellow lines whilst issuing

can a traffic warden park on double yellow lines whilst issuing parking tickets

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Customer:

can local residents get double yellow lines downgraded to single yellow

Customer:

sorry I need to start again as I am having trouble understanding where I am at firstly can traffic wardens park their cars on double yellow lines in a residential area because there is nowhere to park ? they have started to come round at half six or seven in the evening on a quiet residential street with only money making as a reason for doing so our houses are 120 years old so there are no driveways or garages thanks phil

I have converted this to Q and A as I couldn't see your responses.

Is there any reason you think they shouldn't please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I seem to be having trouble understanding this site as I think I am putting questions in the wrong place if you could email with the answer that is it legal for traffic wardens to park on double yellow lines a they seem to think that it is acceptable that they can park where they like

No, its not you. There is a site glitch that stopped us viewing each other's responses in chat.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

Of course, traffic wardens shouldn't park unlawfully but the fact that they have done so does not mean that the fines they issue whilst there cannot be enforced I'm afraid.

Its the same with police speeding vehicles. Its rare that you find those parked lawfully but the fines issued are still enforceable.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/