75100385

Dear Fraud examiner I will be very grateful for your help. Recently

Dear Fraud examiner

I will be very grateful for your help.

Recently a company called D-corp London,XXXXX EC4N6NP (08002343037) contacted me to buy a stock software for 4950 pounds. I did my research and paid them via mastercard credit card on 17 th January 2014. I got the CD with the software next day. I have started to use the software only as a demo.

Now yesterday there was on an article on thisismoney- link below
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2550065/TONY-HETHERINGTON-I-replied-advert-D-Corp.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Now I am worried that the company is fraud and my money has gone the drain. I contacted the credit card and blocked the credit card now. One of your lawyers suggested that you would (fraud examiner) will be able to establish whether the company is fraud or not.

could you please help and look into the matter

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Which country are you based in please?
Customer:

london, UK

Customer:

Dear Fraud examiner I will be very grateful for your help. Recently a company called D-corp London,XXXXX EC4N6NP (08002343037) contacted me to buy a stock software for 4950 pounds. I did my research and paid them via mastercard credit card on 17 th January 2014. I got the CD with the software next day. I have started to use the software only as a demo. Now yesterday there was on an article on thisismoney- link below http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2550065/TONY-HETHERINGTON-I-replied-advert-D-Corp.html?ito=feeds-newsxml Now I am worried that the company is fraud and my money has gone the drain. I contacted the credit card and blocked the credit card now. One of your lawyers suggested that you would (fraud examiner) will be able to establish whether the company is fraud or not. could you please help and look into the matter

Alex Watts : Yes. I can say that the company does exist but for the last several years they have filed dormant accounts.
Alex Watts : I therefore would not trust this company.
Alex Watts : If you have paid money then you are protected under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974
Alex Watts : As such you should make a claim without delay to your credit card company.
Alex Watts : Whilst the company D corporation is registered in the uk, accounts seem to suggest it is not trading.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

when the company requested for the amount of pounds 4450 on 17/1/2014. Santander mastercard rejected initially and contacted myself. I authorized the payment.

Customer:

Am I still protected under the consumer protection act

Alex Watts : i see. You should charge it back.
Customer:

the D-corp company has also made me sign deed of acknowledgement stating that I have finalized the purchase.

Customer:

i plan to speak to them tomorrow demanding my money back

Alex Watts : Yes I would.
Alex Watts : if they do not then I would take them to the small claims court.
Alex Watts : You can do this online at www,moneyclaim.gov.uk
Customer:

if they refuse then i plan to contact the credit card and initiate the fraud transaction

Alex Watts : Yes and go to court.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything?
Customer:

If i take them to small claims court, do I then have to involve the police

Alex Watts : No, it's a civil matter
Customer:

steps-1- demand the money back from the company; 2- if they refuse, involve the credit card company; 3- if no joy then small court

Alex Watts : Yes.
Customer:

is there any way by which we can establish whether it is a scam or fraud company

Alex Watts : I can't tell you that sadly. I can only say they exist but have dormant accounts.
Customer:

I understand but i believe it will be risky to deal with this company

Alex Watts : Indeed.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything? If not might I invite you to leave feedback today.
Customer:

great thanks for your help, if i have any more question related to same matter, could i then contact you directly

Alex Watts : Yes.
Customer:

thanks..take care

Alex Watts : Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

ok

Alex Watts : Thanks,