Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My husband and I are retired, I am disabled, we want to sell

My husband and I are retired, I am disabled, we want to sell our house and downsize, are we entitled to disabled housing?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Just so I am straight- Could you please confirm if you are wanting to know if you qualify for sheltered accommodation or are you looking for financial assistance with your future housing?

AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"For Aston Lawyer" I am interested in sheltered housing, but I want to be able to bring my cats with me! I have three! I dearly wish to stay in the West Drayton, Yiewsley area, I also have Myeloma, which is a cancer of the white blood cells, so I want to remain close to my family.

Hi again,

As you are both retired, and if you are registered disabled, I would have thought you would have no problem in finding and being awarded a retirement or sheltered housing property.
Although most retirement properties are Flats in a communal "village" some will still accept cats! However, if finding a Flat is too hard, then you may want to consider a bungalow or house, and having your cats live with you would not be an issue.

Don't know if this assists? Please let me know if you require any further help.

Kind Regards
AL