29905560

Hi I am not sure if you can help I am traveling to Mexico form

Hi I am not sure if you can help I am traveling to Mexico form the Uk on holiday I do have. Criminal record and I am on the sex offenders register in the Uk will i still be able to enter Mexico ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : If you are flying direct from the Uk to Mexico then yes you will be able to.
Alex Watts : If you are going via the USA then you will need a US visa, even for transit.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: Hi Alex yes I am flying direct from Manchester to Cancun , would you advise that I need to contact the Mexican embassy in London I am still on a program of rehab will this affect anything ?
Alex Watts : If in doubt check, but as you are flying direct there should be no issues.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Hi whilst the chances of you being denied entry into Mexico are slim, the earlier answer is misleading because it implies that as long as you are travelling direct from UK to Mexico you are guaranteed to have no issues, which is certainly not true. The Mexican authorities have the right to refuse you entry into their country if they believe you are not suitable to enter the country, a right originally given under the General Population Law of Mexico (recently changed but the same rules apply). For example, they can refuse entry if you have committed a serious crime, served a prison sentence or are currently on parole. The Federal Code on Criminal Proceedings contains a list with examples of what a ‘serious crime’ is and it can include rape, offences against minors, child pornography, etc. I do not have details of your crime but bear these in mind. The good news is that the Mexico Entry Card does not have any specific questions about your criminal past so you will not automatically be asked to disclose your criminal record to them. You may be asked directly by the immigration officer you see on arrival but there is no guarantee they will ask you this and there is nothing specific to prompt them to do so, for example they do not have access to the UK’s criminal database. Even if they ask you, some people would take the risk and not disclose it – there is no way for them to check, so whilst I certainly cannot advise you to do so, the choice is yours. So you are most likely going to enter the country without any problems but just be aware that they can legally stop you if this comes out and they believe it makes you unsuitable to enter. There is always a risk in that sense. You are best advised to contact the Embassy to seek formal clarification if you want further peace of mind.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ben your answer it has been very helpful I am going to check with my Solicitor and get his view on it has it know my case details etc i
You are most welcome and hope you get no issues with this. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'