75100385

I am a council tenant and i pay full rent. I am alowed to buy

Customer Question

I am a council tenant and i pay full rent. Live and work in UK. I am alowed to buy house tabroad for holiday?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Does your rent agreement say you are permitted any other home please?
JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

The book say. The tenancy is a secure tenancy so long as the tenant occupies the dwelling house as his only or principal home.

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

But in uk this is my o only house and i work and pay full rent. I can't afford to buy it. I want to buy abroad just for holidays and its cheaper.

Alex Watts : Does the agreement say that the only home applies to the uk?
JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

The agreement don't say anything.

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

The agreement don't say anything.

Alex Watts : Ok. Then it's bad news I am afraid.
Alex Watts : The agreement says you can not own a
Alex Watts : The agreement says you can not own any property.
Alex Watts : It says that you must occupy this as your only (or pri cipa
Alex Watts : (or principal home)
Alex Watts : This therefore means if you buy another property you would be in breach of your agreement.
Alex Watts : I would call the council and outline what you propose to do.
Alex Watts : If they do not have any objections ask them to confirm it in writing, then it will never be an issue for you.
Alex Watts : But if they do take issue then clearly it would be a breach of your tenancy.
Alex Watts : This means they could serve notice and ask you to leave.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : But do speak with the council - they may not object to a holiday home.
JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

Ok. I will try. Thanks anyway

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Alex Watts :

Please do take a moment to leave feedback before you go today

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

hi I would like to cancel my subscription

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

For I simple question I already paid £33 and twice £43. I don't wanna paid for that

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

Just the £33 and that's it.

JACUSTOMER-5km2yfoi- :

I would like to cancel my subscription