75100385

im a 25 year old man and a 14 year old girl was texting me.

im a 25 year old man and a 14 year old girl was texting me. both parties were engaging in sexual talk. topless pictures were sent (no face so i cant say they were of her) pictures of a penis went back to her. no physical contact of any sort and no phone calls to each other were every made. only texts. what am i facing when i go back to the police station?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you know she was 14 please?
Customer:

yes i did she is the sister of a friend of mine so i didnt want to tell her to leave me alone incase it upset the apple cart with me and my friend.

Customer:

every conversation in the morning was always started by her. shes been engaging in conversation of a sexual nature aswell as telling me thing like her mum found a pregnancy test in her room and she slept with two blokes. i was never out to do anything with her at all. Its been ongoing now since october 10th 2013 and i am going back to the police station on the 6/2/14 and i am petrified at whats going to happen.

Alex Watts : Why did you continue if you knew she was only 14?
Customer:

stupidity.

Customer:

am i facing jail? sex offenders register? or anything else?

Alex Watts : What did they arrest you on suspicion of?
Alex Watts : Did you keep the photos?
Customer:

i was arrested on possesion of indecent images of an underage person.

Customer:

photos were deleted before the day was out

Alex Watts : How long did you keep them for?
Customer:

they were deleted before the day was out

Customer:

chances are i never kept them the full day

Alex Watts : Yes, but how many hours did you keep them for?
Customer:

12 at the most

Alex Watts : Ok. The starting point is a Community Order for a few level 1 pictures (erotic posing etc). The range is any non custodial sentence.
Customer:

what do you mean by community order?

Alex Watts : So as long as you had only a few and they were just posing etc, then you would get a non custodial sentence. A community order is Probabtion.
Customer:

right. none of the pictures had faces in them so i cant say for sure they were of her

Alex Watts : It does not matter, they are indecent images of someone under 18
Alex Watts : But in any event you are likely to be charged with that.
Alex Watts : There is no lower catagroy than a category 1 offence.
Alex Watts : The sentence is any non custodial sentence.
Customer:

im definatly a level 1 am i?

Customer:

there has been no physical contact of any sort

Alex Watts : So it's going to be a Probabtion a order and it is level one.
Customer:

jast as a matter of interest she was trying to send me a picture of her bottom half but thankfully nothing like that came through. would that be still taken in as a level1?

Customer:

and will i be on the sex offenders register?

Alex Watts : Yes.
Customer:

yes to both or just last question?

Customer:

sorry to seem a bit thick.

Alex Watts : Yes to both sorry
Customer:

do you know how long i would be on the register for?

Alex Watts : 7 years
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer:

what will happen as regards XXXXX XXXXX i have two boys. my partner and i have split up over this will i be able to have them to take out for the day and can they come and stay with me on weekends?

Alex Watts : That's a social services matter to which is not my area.
Customer:

ok thats fine

Customer:

thank you very much for your help with everything. put my mind at ease a bit

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

no problem you have been an amazing help i will rate excellent.