29905560

I bought two swimsuits from Agent Provocateur (link below:)

I bought two swimsuits from Agent Provocateur (link below:) retailing over £200

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/beach/view-all/info/mazzy-swimsuit~pink--black

Recently when looking on river islands website I found they have obviously copied this swimsuit with a retail price of £30 (link below:)

http://www.riverisland.com/women/swimwear--beachwear/swimsuits/Pink-contrast-trim-bandage-swimsuit-647806

I paid a lot of money for these swimsuits as I wanted to stand out in the summer. Now loads of girls will be wearing obvious copies of this outfit. Where do I stand?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have River Island responded?
Customer:

I have literally just noticed and sent the email to them

Customer:

Did you receive my last message?

Ben Jones :

yes thank you

Ben Jones :

When did you buy these items?

Customer:

I'm not sure, May last year?

Ben Jones :

Ok whilst I understand this is a disappointing situation to be in, I am afraid you do not have any legal rights in this case. It is the creator/retailer of the original swimsuit design that will have rights – they are the ones that can pursue River Island for copying their design. You, as someone who has only bought this and not created or designed it, do not have any legal rights to challenge the copying of the design, even if you will be affected by it. The only thing you can do is approach the retailer to try and get a refund for your original purchase but due to the time that has passed they do not have to issue one any longer and this will be at their discretion now.

Customer:

ok thank you

Ben Jones :

You are welcome