Hi, I took out Nowhow protection at PC world on a tv. 6 months

Hi, I took out Nowhow protection at PC world on a tv. 6 months ago it stopped working PC world took the tv away then returned it with no repair saying I had breached terms and conditions! That state they won't fix or repair a product if it's involved in a flood, burst pipe or millisous damage. To cut a long story short there was no breach of terms and conditions after emailing sending letter , phone calls over 5 months and an independent engineer to look at the tv which said there were 2 drops of liquid that had got threw the air vents of the tv which is an accident mishap like the Knowhow protection covered me for. December 2013 after proving to there own independent claims team they agree to fix the tv which they said was Not repairable earlier in the year. Now that the tv is fixed I feel I'm out of pocket for 5months of sky 5 months of tv licence phone calls over the 5months and time effort typing emails and letter not to mention the defamation of charcter impliing i milicously damaged my tv and the stress it has caused to me and my family 2 children under 5 no tv for 5 months = not fun!
Sorry if I have waffled on hope you can help or point me in the right direction!
Regards XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo, can I claim back the loss of money from over the 5 months and damages for the fact they were saying that I had damaged the tv but after 5 months of pressure they fix the tv which I take as an admission of guilt on there behalf! It has caused me a lot of stress fighting my corner for something that should be straight forward!
Thanks. Sorry for the delay.

The extended warranty is actually an insurance policy and therefore you are entitled to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. The Ombudsman has the power to make them either do the repair which has now been done or not, and also pay you compensation.

Here is the link to the Ombudsman

The Ombudsman service is free, but it could take at least 12 months to resolve.

The alternative is to issue small claims court proceedings which you can do here

The fact that they repaired the television does not actually mean that they admit guilt. They may have done it to settle the matter without making any admission of liability at all and they may decide to argue that they have done the repair without admitting liability but simply to provide good customer relationship service.

If you want to proceed with this, and you issue small claims court proceedings against them, you can of course add in a proportionate amount of money for the cost of the television licence and an amount of money for loss of use. You are actually under a duty to mitigate your loss and therefore your claim should not be more than the cost of replacement television that you could have bought and which would have kept you going meanwhile.

I would not add anything in for stress unless you have doctors evidence that says this stress is caused due illness. Inconvenience is different and not a head of compensation in the UK.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice