75100385

Is Thames Water obliged by law to inform its customers when

Customer Question

Is Thames Water obliged by law to inform its customers when their terms alter. For example, in 2009 single people were able to have their water bill halved if for some reason Thames Water could not install a meter. I recently found out about this, they cannot install a meter because in this block of flats we share a tank for stored water. My bill has been reduced by half since I applied last July. Can I demand that it is rolled back to 2009?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did they never notify you of the change at all?

Alex Watts :

How much have you lost please?