Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

In march last year a solicitor told me that I was a beneficiary

In march last year a solicitor told me that I was a beneficiary of my sisters will. 4 days later he denied the whole conversation and I informed other members of the family This completely destroyed a very close family as I have just found out he wrote letters to the real beneficiary's officially denying the conversation that made me out to be a liar. .

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

Unfortunately if you are not the beneficiary there is nothing you can do to change this, however what the solicitor has done subsequently is bordering on dishonest.

Solicitors are under an obligation to maintain professional standards and not do anything to lose the confidence of the public or bring the profession into disrepute.

What you should do is:
1. Make a complaint to the most senior solicitor in the firm;
2. If you do not receive a satisfactory response make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Www.legalombudsman.org.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please understand that I am not interested in the will/contesting or money. My sole intension is to stop all accusations and the fact we have mutual friends and although many people knew of my conversation the solicitors letters has severely discredited me and made me very ill.

I just want it to stop and if possible get things retracted. The solicitor involved is head of the practice

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate money is not the issue. If the solicitor has been underhand and brought the profession into disrepute then the Ombudsman (as the enforcer of solicitor regulation) can force the solicitor to apologise to you if it is found they have been lying or covering up their mistakes.

AJ