13262538

I have power of attorney for my mother and have been acting

Customer Question

I have power of attorney for my mother and have been acting on her behalf for 3 years. I had no idea when I started, how much time and effort this would take. I am now having to cut down my paid employment to attend to her. I know that she would want to help me. Is there any way I can claim for my time from her money?
May I ask why dealing with her financial affairs is so complicated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She needs a lot of help. She lives in a rest home but I get called in to assist her often for hours at a time, often more than twice a week.EG her wheelchair needed mending, her turntable broke, she wants more clothes Her financial affairs are sorted out, apart from I forgot to put an allowance for me in to it.

I am afraid that there is no allowance that you can claim for doing this work.
You can use it to pay someone else to do these things if you would rather
I am also afraid that you certainly cannot use her money to pay your mortgage - or in any other way for your benefit
I am sorry to have to give you such bad news - please ask if you need further details