75100385

We live on a Dutch barge and had 20 double glazed windows fitted

Customer Question

We live on a Dutch barge and had 20 double glazed windows fitted last year on the Isle of Wight, before we returned to a mooring on the mainland. The winter's weather has created some leaks, but the company is refusing to honour the 10 year guarantee on the basis they are an Island company and will not do work on ther mainland. We informed them of our move before the fitting and the guarantee is made out to the barge at our mainland address. To date, they have not provided any documentation that states they will only work on the Island. Is this a case for the small claims court or the Financial Ombudsman please?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you know the costs of repair please?
JACUSTOMER-uwfyldyp- :

No but minimal probably...sealant and maybe some readjustment. Ferry fare from iow to portsmouth and then we will collect person. Its the principle really.

Alex Watts : Can anyone do this locally?