75100385

Good Morning, My Name isXXXXX partner and I have purchased

Good Morning,
My Name isXXXXX partner and I have purchased a sttic caravan on a private sale. When we went to the Sales office to transfer on to a new contract, the sales man has informed us that it can only be oniste for one year; that is was too old to remain onsite.

Our static caravan is 7 years old, but we have now been told that we will be forced to buy another one at the end of this year. Our static at Billing Aquadrome, is clean and in very good order. Can they force us to purchase a newer caravan or can I stay with the one we have purchased. Because we purchased privately, we pay £4,200 a year on ground rent but with an additional £500.00 per year as it was a private sale. We are happy to pay the ground rent and the increase, but do not want to be forced into something we cannot afford.

Can someone please help ?
Thank you XXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello Amanda my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you know what the existing agreement says about age please?
Customer:

Hello Alex,

Customer:

Thank you for your time on this matter. I have licence which I only know the man as Stuart, from sales has penned in one year on the licence.

Customer:

It does not say anywhere that the caravan has to come off at the end of the year.

Customer:

Stuart was the man who renewed the site licence, and has even told us, that if we couldn't find anything we liked we could buy it back from Billing themselves!!

Customer:

I will scan the document over as an attaments inful so you can see what it has said.

Alex Watts :

Please.

Customer:

Hello Again, Alex,

Customer:

I am going to send you over the document in stages in PDF format so hopeyou can read it clearly.

Alex Watts :

All I need is any clause about age of caravans - nothing else

Customer:

oh! Sorry, there is nothing anywhere which says anything about a clause on its age

Alex Watts :

Ok - does the agreement say it can be assigned?

Customer:

I don't understand what you mean, but from what we have read, we can't find anything

Alex Watts :

Ok - does the agreement say it can be transferred?

Alex Watts :

It is a licence, is that correct?

Customer:

Yes, it clears states Licence agreement Part 1 partiulars to part 6

Alex Watts :

And it says it can be transferred? How long is the licence for?

Customer:

the preveous owners transfered the ownship us. I have a copy email of the letter they sent to Billing Aquadrome. When we transfered at the sales office, all this came to light.

Customer:

the sales office agreed with the transfer and that we were ok to renew the site licence

Alex Watts :

Have you renewed or is he only saying you can renew if you get a new van?

Customer:

no we have renewed this year, the licence is vallid until the end of the seanson which is January 6th 2015

Customer:

no he hasn't said he will renew if we buy a new van, he has permitted teh licence for this year regardless, but is pressuring us to buy another come September which is the review date

Customer:

Sorry I am unable to send the document. Firefox will not permit sending of the document

Alex Watts :

Not to worry.

Alex Watts :

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is if the agreement does not specify an age limit then the owner can not enforce one

Alex Watts :

It may be nice to have a new one every 10 years old, but the owner can not enforce it without any agreement.

Alex Watts :

Many new site owners incorporate it into the agreement that you can not have a van more than x years old.

Alex Watts :

But this is not the case.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you can not be forced into getting a new one

Alex Watts :

Customer:

That is great news! So if we stick to our guns Billing will have to back down

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

It should be in the agreement if he wants it in.

Alex Watts :

Of course - he would be open to incorporate this into a new agreement next year, just so you are aware.

Customer:

No I think you have got the imformation we needed. They have't said we had to get a newer caravan. So it appears sales are playing dirty tactics to try and force us to buy.

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything?

Customer:

Thank you very much Alex for your time and help. We will stick to our guns and they can jog on, as it were

Customer:

No thats fine Alex, thank you

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience