75100385

Can we get out of our Club Lacosta points contract it says

Customer Question

Can we get out of our Club Lacosta points contract it says 'in perpetuity' is this legal?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

When did you sign for this please?

JACUSTOMER-z1l4tkgo- :

My wife and I built up a points holding of 4001 over some ten years and 3 or 4 points purchases. We were persuaded to build up to 4001 (Diamond Membership) as this attracts a lower payment per point when calculating management charges.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid. There are many people in your position

Alex Watts :

But to answer your question is 'in perpetuity' legal - yes it is

Alex Watts :

There are Timeshare regulations but they give you a limited time to cancel.

Alex Watts :

If you do not, then sadly you are bound for life.

Alex Watts :

The only way out is if the Company releases you or you sell the membership.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

There are a lot of people in your position I am very sorry to say

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-z1l4tkgo- :

When you say bound for life, then is that the lives of myself and my wife or does it go on to offspring?

Alex Watts :

No, you and the wife.

Alex Watts :

It does not pass to children.

Alex Watts :

So there is some hope

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Please do take a moment to leave feedback before you go today

Alex Watts :

Can I help you with anything else?