12826847

Do I have to accept a Voucher from my rail company as a

Do I have to accept a Voucher from my rail company as a refund or can I insist on the money back?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a bit more please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have an annual 1st gold card.

Just before Christmas there were a number of delays and cancelations on the National Rail system. I have placed three Delay Repay requests and two for not providing the First Class service I paid for with First Capital Connect the train operator.

They have sent me one Voucher at present for £34.72, I anticipate getting further Vouchers for the other delays.

I do not use the rail service other than for my commute so would have to keep the Vouchers for a year until/if I renew my Gold Card.

There is no provision in any legislation that I am aware of that demands compensation has to be anything other than a monetary payment.

However, if the rail company simply refuse to refund in money, you have no option but to take them to the Small Claims Court, which might be a little inconvenient for you in view of the relatively small sums involved. There's no way of forcing them to deliver in any other way. You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk