75100385

I was contacted last July by a web site provider. After a lot

I was contacted last July by a web site provider. After a lot of work on my part it is still not live but they say I had my 7 days to change my mind so it is too late to demand a refund.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you have a contract and if so what does it say about termination?

Alex Watts :

Have they actually done work? How much have you paid? Did they give you a date when everything would be ready please?

Customer:

I have paid over £1400 plus £4.99 per month. There have been various dates given, the latest being December last. They have said I need to get back the name www.samsonandlion.co.uk from the original provider for which I have asked. He has emailed them but still nothing.

Alex Watts :

Ok. How have you paid the £1400?

Customer:

On the 'phone by card

Alex Watts :

Credit or debit?

Customer:

Debit

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request they complete the work or provide a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not complete the work or refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

What are the chances of actually getting my money back in court

Alex Watts :

Yes I think you could based on what you have said.

Alex Watts :

Give them 14 days to fix or Court.

Customer:

Will do, thank you

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/