How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10458
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am planning to make a will. Young family of 4. Both of

Resolved Question:

I am planning to make a will. Young family of 4. Both of us doctors. Assets- house +3 rental properties+ bank saving+ shares I am trying to find a solicitor who will make a will. Now, there are so many accreditation- lexcel, WIQS, family law and then SRA regulation and tax inheritance planning. I am confused. I spoke to one lawyer and mentioned about my requirements. I also mentioned it that I need to plan in such a way that it minimises the tax inheritance in future. He mentioned I need to speak to a specialist for that but could not point me to one. Could anyone please guide how do I find a lawyer who makes will and also has knowledge about tax inheritance as well. What accreditation I should be looking at in the solicitor Should I search on – - - - And search under –wills and probate

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

You should check on the Law Society website for a Solicitor who is accredited under the Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme.

I must say, any Wills Solicitor worth their salt, should be able to also advise you on IHT planning, although to become a member of the above Scheme, you will have had to show that you are a specialist in IHT planning.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.

But as you can see my previous post. when I do a search for WIQS accreditated solicitor- no solicitor names comes up- Link below


where should I look next?

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.


You are indeed correct- nothing showing! Could you please let me have your postcode?

Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Postcode- kt173at
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,
Just been checking out the Firms in Epsom- I would strongly recommend TWM Solicitors LLP, who are a well known Firm.

Alternatively, BWT Law LLP.

Hope this assists.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you