12826847

Dear Sir Ive been victim of a theft of a £ mobile phone.

Dear Sir
I've been victim of a theft of a £ 420 mobile phone. I made a statement. The culprit apprehended. The case is meant to go to court. I can not find a solicitor willing to represent me. I may be eligible for legal aid. Can you help me find one. Regards XXXXX XXXXX Therond LONDON W10 5LZ

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

If you are a witness then you cannot have a solicitor. You are a prosecution witness and will be dealt with by CPS.

The reason you cannot find a solicitor to act for you is that there is no function for them as you are a victim.

Legal aid would not cover this and you cannot pay privately. There is no role for a solicitor to act for a prosecution witness in the UK during the course of a criminal trial.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.