12826847

UK state pension entitlement

Customer Question

For a UK lawyer specialising in pensions law. My mother was born in the UK in April 1932 emigrated to Spain in 1969 now lives in Switzerland. 3 years  NI contributions and covered by married women's reduced contributions for 10 years of her marriage to my father September 1951 decree absolute 1961.  Two children:  born 11/1952 and  12/53 received child benefit. HMRC rejected claim  insufficient contributions as she remarried 1966 to a non resident Austrian national  this marriage should be irrelevant. She receives small Swiss pension. I think she should be entitled to a UK pension from first husband's contributions as the law changed in July 1932 but she was born in April 1932                             

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nicola if you don't have a Uk I pensions law expert then we should forget it and you can refund me. The site gave the impression it could answer these queries because UK pensions rules are what they are it's not a complex question for a lawyer who is expert in this field but if you don't have one then it's not worth waiting for. Thanks for your help anyway but I need an answer and don't want to wait days to get it.

Davida