75100385

A year ago, a man started his first dance classes in my city,

A year ago, a man started his first dance classes in my city, and I was part of the original group which joined, this group being female dominated. This teacher had a God complex but I did not give into this and did not treat him as the other girls treated him. At class one evening, he had us do a dance move that I had tried to do before and didn't succeed. I had already had an awful day at work and felt frustrated with myself, so I told my partner I wasn't going to do the move, as I knew I couldn't do it. The teacher came up to me and nicely pressed me to do the move, not accepting that I didn't want to do it. It got to the point that I just backed up to lean against the wall as I didn't want to discuss it anymore. Some in the class didn't even know anything happened and my partner at the time had forgotten the incident when I mentioned it to her later. Regardless, I did apologise to the teacher after class, although in hindsight I feel he was winding me up. He emailed me over the next few days saying things like I reminded him of his ex, that I had thrown a "tantrum" in class, and then banned me from returning. I feel he has banned me for personal reasons, and now I cannot see my friends or enjoy my hobby which I've grown to love. He is now starting to hold free dancing socials in partnership with a club in town. Can he legally uphold his ban on me at either his class or the free public event in town at a club by calling the police on me if I show up? Thank you.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Its bad news I am afriad.
Alex Watts : This person is free to ban you.
Alex Watts : As long as it is not on the grounds of your sex, race, colour, religion, age etc he is free to allow who he wants into this class
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honst
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX surprised I cannot attend his class. Does the ban also stand for the free public

Customer:

Sorry will come back

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Alex Watts : Yes it also applies to the free public class.
Customer:

Sorry. I understand being banned from the class as he pays for room hire and charges people a fee for the class. However, how can the ban stand for the ongoing free public event being held in conjunction with a club in town? He will not be paying room hire or charging a fee, the club is just using the specialised dancing as advertisement to bring in people to buy drinks. I don't see how he can legally ban me from a free public class. Can anyone just ban anyone from going anywhere? Is it just because his dance school is attached to it?

Customer:

Sorry it's NOT a class as I said in the last bit, it's a dance social, a free public dance social. I wish I could edit :-)

Alex Watts : Yes he can ban whoever he wants, it is NOT illegal.
Alex Watts : i am sorry