UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I applied and was granted indefinite leave to enter with a

I applied and was granted indefinite leave to enter with a view to settlement on 21/10/09
on condition that I complied with the " maximum 90 days absence" in any one year rule for a period of 3 years, for which I paid £640.04. I have fulfilled that commitment.

I am now applying for naturalisation to UkBa. I am advised that anyone applying now who
qualifies under the pre 8 July 2012 conditions is exempted from fufilling the latest terms and conditions i.e. the Koll test etc.

Question : Am I expected to pay the current fees £874.00 for naturalisation? I was of understanding that was paid for under my earlier agreement. Please advise.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question.

1. In respect of the requirements for naturalisation, you would need to adhere to them regardless of when you entered the UK. Therefore in your case you would need to ensure that you have completed the life in the UK test and also have an English level B1 certificate prior to applying for naturalisation.

2. In respect of fees , yes these need to be paid, when you applied for your ILR your fees were only for the ILR visa, now if you wish to apply for naturalisation you would need to pay the required fees.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.