13262538

we want to know what we can do. we have a letter from dorset

we want to know what we can do. we have a letter from dorset county council that my mum can on longer look after her affairs and an application has been made to the court of protection by them
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Essentially, you should seek to be appointed as the Deputy to handle her affairs. Normally, there is a deputy appointed to manage your Mum's financial affairs. Sometimes a second one is appointed if there are issues arising in relation to her welfare or consent to healthcare. At a minimum you should appear and be heard at the application by Dorset County Council and give your views on whether your Mum can handle her affairs any longer. Generally if the County Council make such an application, the chances are that it will be granted. If you have any further facts, I can enlighten you further.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Unless you wish the Council to deal with your mothers finances then you need to make an application in your own right
You can read about what a Deputy does here
http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/protecting-the-vulnerable/court-funds-office/court-of-protection/role-duties-deputy/OPG510-0409-1.pdf
If you wish to deal with the finances yourself then you HAVE to attend
clare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.