13262538

My mother is in hospital dying of copd and lung cancer the

Customer Question

My mother is in hospital dying of copd and lung cancer the ward she is in have said they can find a nursing home that could give her the same treatment whether her demise was sooner than later but mother is insisting she stays where she is can this be under the human rights act
Do you mean can she insist on staying in hospital even if she is well enough to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are saying that she is medically stable but she could turn on a sixpence we don't know where to turn for the best we really don't know where we stand

I am afraid that if the hospital say that she is fit to be released then you do need to look for a Care home.
If not then I am afraid that the hospital Social worker will do so.
There is no Human Right to remain in hospital if you have been assessed as ready for release
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details