Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am thinking of providing marketing expertise to a small company

I am thinking of providing marketing expertise to a small company for no up front money, but instead, taking a share of the business if it reaches an agreed increase in turnover or profits. What type of agreement should I look for?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

If this is a limited company what you will require is an option/subscription agreement, this will be an option to subscribe for shares or purchase shares from an existing shareholder conditional upon a certain event. The event will be when the company hits it's turnover target. At this point the option would become unconditional and you could exercise it when you require.

I am happy to discuss another arrangement if you had one in mind? I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ