I have copied, in pastel, a photograph printed in the Daily

I have copied, in pastel, a photograph printed in the Daily Telegraph. If I were to ener this picture in an exhibition, where all exhibits are for sale, if it was sold would I infringe any copyright?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Does the photo have a "C" copyright mark on it? Normally it is someone like Getty Images that will supply these types of images to news papers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you or your reply. No there is no "C" on the photograph It just gives a description of the child. Does that mean that there is no copyright involved? MRF

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just written my further information but here it is again.

No there is no "C" on the photograpgh - just a plain photo as is usual

in any newspaper with just a description of her as a six yrear old regugee from Afganistan Yrs, Mary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the third time that I have answered !! It is just a photo from the DT

with nothing other than stating that she is a refugee from Afganistan.

When I sign in for the unlimited free trial my email address is refused stating that it has been used already IT IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS!!!

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out.

Yes it would be breach of copyright, unless you drew the picture yourself in pastel.

You can't just copy it and alter the format/texture, this is because the newspaper owns copyright to all it's content and images and can not be copied without consent.

But if you hand drew the picture then that would be fine.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience