75100385

I signed a Regus office lease contract online via e-signiture

Customer Question

I signed a Regus office lease contract online via e-signiture but cancelled it 2 days later as my partners pulled out.
1.The contract doesn't include the correct company name (not a misspelling but they used my website as a company name)
2.The Office address is completely incorrect

Is this contract legally enforceable?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is there a termination or cancellation clause? Did you fill out the online details please.
JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

There is a 3 month termination clause

JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

the question is really if the contract can be enforced if

JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

1. The company name on the contract doesn't exist

JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

2. The company address is incorrect

Alex Watts : Who filled in the form?
JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

Rep from regus

Alex Watts :

Ok - if the details are wrong then no, it is not enforceable.

Alex Watts :

It needs to be in the name of the Company for the Company to be bound

Alex Watts :

It further should have the correct address.

Alex Watts :

If it does not have the correct Company name then it can NOT be enforced.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-pkeewfkg- :

As I signed the contract in my name, does that mean that I am personally liable if the company details are incorrect?

Alex Watts :

No - unless you signed it for you as an individual rather than company

Alex Watts :

Does this help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/