75100385

I bought an alarm system in 2009 paid deposit £1000 and £3000

Customer Question

I bought an alarm system in 2009 paid deposit £1000 and £3000 on installation.it was a house call.that lasted for hours,i was just widowed.i paid by cheque. the company has just been found guilty do I have a chance of getting my money back.
Cath Montgomery.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Found guilty of what? Did you issue proceedings please?
Customer:

so sorry I just received the call the morning,i think I will have to get a bit more information on it so sorry for not having that information, I will get it and then get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer:

Hi so sorry for the delay,the company was charged with Gross miss selling tactics

Customer:

cath

Alex Watts : By the Council
Alex Watts : Did you have a full system or only pay a deposit?
Alex Watts : I am just on the train so may be on and offline.
Customer:

I paid for a full system

Alex Watts :

And what have they been taken to Court for? Does the alarm work?

Customer:

no as it was a wireless one connected via my telephone line that is all gone.i do still have all tha equipmentsorry I am not that

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the seller and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Customer:

thank you so very much for being so helpful,as I an 77yrs old I am not up to all that .many thanks.regards Cath.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Alex.

Many thanks for your email I have just decided to let it all end now.Thank you so very much for all your advice and help much apprieaciated.

Yours Faithfully.

Catherine Montgomery.

All the best.