29905560

have an employee who has gone on sick, he was employe with

Customer Question

have an employee who has gone on sick, he was employe with package of salary company car, bupa, he is on ssp with stress and possible ocd. our handbook says company vehicle are "provided for business use and staff must ensure it is available for that purpose" he also has free private miles which he pays tax on, our concern is while on sick he has done over 800 miles to a cost to us of over £1000 worth of fuel? if he is on sick can he still drive over to the lakes and take days out? at our expens

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. My colleague asked me to look at this as its more my area of law. How long has he worked there?

JACUSTOMER-xzkgw0u7- :

7 years

JACUSTOMER-xzkgw0u7- :

we have spoken to a solicitor previous as we were going to dismiss him on gross misconduct, but then he obviousy knew our intentions and his performance was not good so he has gone on the sick, sick note says stress,

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

JACUSTOMER-xzkgw0u7- :

how long will i have to wait it said 13 minutes for answer?? I think I will just ring my solicitor as need answer, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX my payment for this

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues earlier on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice if you still need it?