75100385

Hi...I deeded a very short term, minimal loan last week due

Hi...I deeded a very short term, minimal loan last week due to unforeseen circumstances (£150 for 5-7 days) and - stupidly - tried several companies I found online to enquire about such a loan - I was bombarded with texts and emails - 20, 30 at least on my mobile - and because their rates were SO high decided not to proceed after they were 'lukewarm' about providing such a loan (guess they prefer the 'biggies!) but not before I had - again, stupidly - giving them my debit card details...they said they needed these to 'prove I was who i SAID I was...' and promised nothing would be taken from me UNLESS I got the loan! BotXXXXX XXXXXne is that they charged me, respectively, £89.99 (!!!), £67.74, £39.99, £39.99, and £38.96...for NOTHING. This put me as you can imagine with even MORE problems than before - inc bank charges and o/d fees, and I have had to withdraw some of my pension money on an 'emergency' basis to pay these robbers....surely this is theft? I received NO emails...did NOT tick any online boxes agreeing to this....and I am disgusted these people can get away with this. Do I have ANY redress...? It seems ridiculous these 'thieves' can get away with this !!!

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the seller and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.

Customer:

Thank you for this.....sorry I cannot pay you the full amount but having 'lost' so much and having to make up 'bounced' direct debits as a result, I am literally watching the pennies !!! The problem is I do not have addresses for these people....lots of other people who have been 'scammed' have the same complaints...they seem to be 'invisible'....I have their emails but that is it....can I get their address from a reputable source...do they have to be 'bonded or is there some other way I can 'find them ..? Many thanks !

Customer:

PS....the link you have sent does not work for me...a page comes up saying 'THIS PAGE IS UNTRUSTED'....

Customer:

SOOOO amyn other people online been scammed....I have forked out just udner £400 to try for a short term loan of £150 !!!!

Customer:

Manty of these companies 'hide' their addresses very well, but have found some, to whom i will write tomorrow. If I can get, say, 75% of my 'losses' back I will be grateful....!!! Many thanks for your advice. I can imagine no replies, in which case I will go to the www.moneyclaim.gov.uk site as you suggest....the worst thing is these reprehensible thieves are taking from those who are most in need...utterly despicable. Charging £90 to FIND a £150 loan? unbelievable.

Customer:

It is 7pm....if you are not online for a follow-up by say, 9pm, will just leave you the 'excellent' face' feedback !!!

Customer:

In case I miss you..I just wanted to ask ONE follow up question....when I writeto these robbers (!) do i I give hem my bank details into which I want them to refund the money...i.e. 'my ort code is....' and 'my account number is......' ?

Alex Watts : Don't worry I and others here are genuine.
Alex Watts : You don't give them bank details, ask for a cheque,
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

Ok...yes..excellent...thanks so much.....thought giving them bank details might be a bit dodgy. Any good saying I will write to my MP....(he's chairman of he1922 committee...)

Customer:

That's my last question. Thanks again.

Alex Watts : Yes you can say that and you will write to the papers.
Alex Watts : I hope this helps.
Customer:

Fantastic..... Fingers x'd this works.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience