tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

An ex partner & I erected stables on my land over a year ago,

Customer Question

An ex partner & I erected stables on my land over a year ago, I did all the work & paid for the concrete base & paid for the electrics to be installed, can she come onto my land & remove them legally?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your question. My name is Tony and I can assist you with your question.

Does she have any interest in the land or any ownership at all?

Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tony

None whatsoever.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tony

None whatsoever.

Ian

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Then she cannot come onto your land when you have asked her not to when she has no right to be there.

If she continues to do this you could seek a court injunction in the county court to prevent her from continuing to trespass on you land. This would be something you would do by issuing a claim form (N1) and seeking injunctive relief to stop her doing this.

You could issue a claim on an urgent basis if she is causing damage or nuisance but otherwise a simple claim form would do the trick.

However I would always suggest you get a solicitor to write to her first. This is a lot cheaper than issuing court proceedings if you can avoid it.

Tony