29905560

My daughter was involved in a "no fault" car accident. She

My daughter was involved in a "no fault" car accident. She was stationery when she was hit from behind by a vehicle travelling at 40/50 mph.Her car was written off and she suffered severe bruising to the head, back, shoulder and 5 months later she is still receiving phsio. Her 2 daughters that were also in the car suffered minor injuries
Her solicitor recommended by her insurers estimate her injury claim would be around £2750 based on independent medical examination some 2 months after the accident. Apart from travel costs (to hospital, physio, her own doctor) she has no idea what compensation figure she could reasonably request for settlement now. How should she estimate this and what would be reasonable?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What she could potentially claim would depend on the nature of her injuries and their severity. Avery good guide can be found here:

http://www.holmes-hills.co.uk/injury-claim-calculator/

She can select the different areas of her body that have been affected and get an idea of the bracket of compensation they would fall under. Obviously the more severe they are and the longer the rehabilitation period, the higher within the bracket they would be.

In addition, she can claim special damages which are lost wages, medical care, the value of the car at the time of the accident, etc - basically any direct losses incurred as a result of the accident.

There is no exact science on making calculations for personal injury and it is a combination of general damages for the nature of the injury and special damages for the actual losses suffered from it, then a ballpark figure can be calculated to allow to begin negotiations