tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I have received a general form of judgment or order which states:

I have received a general form of judgment or order which states: upon the defendant being unemployed, the application for an attachment of earnings be adjourned generally with liberty to restore and shall stand dismissed if not restored by February 2015.

This is related to an outstanding loan I have with a lender and having recently been made redundant, cannot afford regular repayments.

Does the statement above mean that the loan company cannot apply for an attachment of earnings until I find work or Feb 2015 whichever is the sooner? Does it mean I am not liable to repay until I find work (I don't believe this is correct but wanted to ask)

A Clement
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

This simply means that they cannot use this method of enforcement until you have a job, as it requires your employer (which you don't have) to deduct money from your wages. Hence, it's pointless even hearing the application unless you have a job against which, if granted, it can take effect.

tdlawyer :

You do, of course, remain liable to pay in the meantime, and they judgment creditor could look for other methods by which to enforce the debt, such as sending in the bailiffs.

tdlawyer :

Is there anything else I can assist with about this question?