my gf has alleged assault. I didnt assault her I actually

my gf has alleged assault. I didn't assault her I actually restrained her to prevent being hit. She has hit me before and drawn a knife. I have never been involved in any trouble and have never been violent in my life. She has alleged violence against a previous bf. After every fight I have ever had with her (and there have been too many), she will never accept any responsibility and blame me 100%. I am subservient so always agree to dissolve the problem temporary.

My gf has trapped me in this instance via sms text message while i was on bail. I have not explicitly admitted violence but did apologise for hurting her (because I did restrain her and bruise her).

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, I know i am in breach of police bail unwittingly, as my gf contacted me i didn't think it a problem to reply, but i have since found out that I am still in trouble.

Can the texts be used against me by police/cps? She texted me initially to assure me that they were only for her reassurances?

Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

They very definitely can use the texts against you. There's no reason they could not.

I suppose you could argue that an apology for hurting somebody may refer to emotional harm although you do seem to accept that there was an incident so you would need to be careful over that. Also though, it isn't inconsistent with self defence anyway.

Clearly you cannot trust a word she says. You need to find yourself a sensible girlfriend who doesn't place you in this position. Normal men do not hit or harassment women of course. However, normal women do not spend half their lives on the phone to the police making allegations of abuse and the other half down the county court taking out non molestation orders.

We all have rows. We don't all call the police about them. Don't put up with this. There are plenty of sensible ethical women about with whom you can argue without risk of being arrested.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice