12826847

My wife and I are both disabled, she is also blind.Access

My wife and I are both disabled, she is also blind.
Access to my house with my motobility car has been blocked by somebody's car for the past five days.Since this has occurred the neighbour opposite has erected a camera pointed at my property.
To deliver my shopping I have to park in the middle of the road,blocking access to other traffic.
What can I do?
Is the vehicle owner breaking the law under the 2010 equal rights act?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think the Equal Opportunities Act 2010 may apply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo, since the vehicle appeared outside my door at the same time as the camera facing my property I feel I am being victimised for my disablity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

Have you approached your neighbour at all about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Do you have a driveway and a dropped kerb that's been blocked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not the sort of person I want to confront
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK. But I need more information.

Is he blocking your driveway? How exactly is access being blocked to your house?
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep relisting this question so that it drops off my list.

In what way is your driveway being blocked please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't have a driveway. Street is terraced houses on both sides.
If I can't park outside my house it makes it very difficult.
My wife has high blood pressure,is diabetic, has a broken hip and a broken femur both with steel plates and bolts as well as blind.
I am recovering from a stroke and have COPD.
All my neighbours know this and some have helped me at one time or another
Do you have a dropped kerb?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Jo C
No dropped kerb

Are there any other prohibitions at this location?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Jo C
No
Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

If the essence of this is that they are parked upon a public road hen they are free to do that I'm afraid. Its neighbourly not to park in front of your neighbour's house but there's no obligation in law so to do.

If they are not parked across s dropped kerb orf otherwsie in breach of the poohbitions at the location then I'm afraid there is no offence.

I was hoping that causing an obstruction would apply but that will only succeed if there is a dropped kerb and they are parked in front.

I'm afraid the Equal Opportunities legislation doesn\t assist you here. You do not have a right to park oursidde our onwn house.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice