Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My neighbour has access up my drive to his garage. Am I allowed

My neighbour has access up my drive to his garage. Am I allowed to park on my drive?? Thanks Andy.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Dear XXXXX, essentially, you must not impede his right of access up your drive to get to his garage. Accordingly, you can only park on your drive to the extent that you do not impede his right of access to his garage. Accordingly, if you cannot park on your drive without impeding his access totally to his garage, then you will have to find somewhere else to park. However, if you are able to park on your drive but still leave enough space so that he can get bye to get to his garage then this is legally permissible. However, your neighbour is only able to insist on no parking in your own drive if this makes it impossible for him to squeeze bye to get to his garage.