12826847

My former employer has accused me of over inflating my expenses

Customer Question

My former employer has accused me of over inflating my expenses and has made a complaint to the police that I defrauded the company of £2,000 over the course of my three year employment, I hasten to add that this is not true. Before I left I put a grievance against him for sexual harassment, I think this is sour grapes. He has my mileage records. Some journeys show me under claiming and some show me over claiming. A member of staff claims I took her for lunch and told the staff behind the counter to give me the most expensive receipt, her evidence has been thrown out as they could not find the receipt because there never was one, she was lying.

I have been interviewed by the police, it was a voluntary interview, he said he would not be making any recommendation for this to go to court as he thinks I was just very shabby with my paper work, nothing more, but the decision is not down to him , the evidence goes before an advisory panel and they decide. I have never been convicted of anything in my life as I have never stolen a penny from anybody, do you have any idea of possible outcomes please. This is very upsetting

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure if you received my last reply, I would like to know if you think this will go to court and if so what the outcome could be
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
There was no answer she was offline