Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have reecently instruted a probate company to deal with

I have reecently instruted a probate company to deal with my late husbands estate with only 1 asset ( a house ) I have sent back a power of attorney form posted only yesterday
Saturday 8 th February 2014 but I no longer want to continue with them as my repesentatives. What is my legal position and can I ask for the form for the grant of probate to be returned and not submitted. Thank you.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As Probate has not already been applied for, you are within your rights to contact the Probate Company tomorrow morning and cancel your instructions, and ask them to destroy the Power of Attorney.

I am afraid they will be entitled to charge for the work they have already done, but I would not have thought this would be a great deal.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The company in its brochure have stated that cancellation has be in writing

and I am concerned that this could result in them not responding to a telepone request and that they could try to still apply for letters of administration if they receive my signed form of consent. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.