How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

Was stopped at health row with as I believed and had used in

Resolved Question:

Was stopped at health row with as I believed and had used in Thailand a torch but was also a stun gun I had bought a nun chucker for my son he was practicing karate I did not purchase but was given attached to nun checker a carton which turned out to be c s gas canister
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
What do you want to know about this? The import of all those items is unlawful and I assume they were confiscated? importing such devices is an offence for which you can be prosecuted and be fined - in theory it also carries a prison sentence but that would not be the cue of this type of offence.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank u for that I have to attend. Uxbridge magistrates court on the 25 feb will this case be heard there or will it go to crown court I am male of 61 years old have built my small haulage company up over last 30 years I employ 17 people have never been in trouble at all but as u can imagine have been very worried over this for last 3 months thanks again
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Biased upon what you say I would imagine the outcome would be a fine. You might benefit from getting a solicitor to represent you .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again but can u tell me will this be dealt with at magistrates court or crown court
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Magistrates court. It is not sufficiently serious to go to the Crown court.
Senior Partner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you