31090051

Can you please provide some guidance on where I stand re payments

Can you please provide some guidance on where I stand re payments to my x wife for my youngest Son who turned 18 last Dec. He has left school and was working part time, unfortunately for him this has now stopped and he has started college 3 days a week.
My separation agreement states “For the terms of this supplementary agreement those child maintenance payments will continue for as long as each child is under the age of 18 years, in full time secondary education and not earning a livelihood”
Can you please advise if I am correct in stopping the payments to my x wife.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.You are correct in stopping the payments to your ex wife. As your son is at college you should be paying maintenance payments directly to him. He is entitled to be maintained by both parents between the ages of 18 and 25 if he is reasonably and appropriately undertaking a course of full time education or training. The amount depends on his needs and your resources and whether he can get a part time job whilst at college.Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me, I was fairly confident that I was correct as the sae situation applied in the case of my eldest Son. Ihappy to put money directly nto my Son's account until he finds himself another job. I am not 100% sure but I think he only attends college part time 3 days a week. Happy to provide positive response and now have peace of mind. Again many thanks.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks.